View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 05:09 AM   #99
Racer

Default Re: Combat Garage Update

It's not personal , sorry . Unfortunately the way the Star system works , a number of very poor designs have been given a total rating which is unjustifiably high . Thus newer/younger players see 4 or 5 stars and think "oh I'm onto a winner here" & get ripped to pieces in the Arena or on the Road . THIS puts them off playing big time & we need new blood as older players stop playing or pass on . Rating some that I would give 2 or 3 stars down to 1 or 2 to bring overall rating down so newbies don't see them as 4* , 4½* or 5* 'wondermobiles' & get extremely disappointed when they aren't . Often one or two minor changes will vastly improve a vehicles effectiveness/survivability , but others are disadvantaged from the start by the rules .

Some aspects of the game rules really need looking at & to be updated : Lt & Med Cycles , Subcompacts , 10 Wheel Trucks , some stuff on big rigs etc ; as they just aren't efficient anymore .
With better tech and updated construction ideas , some vehicle types aren't really worth using at present .

I use the same title here and on Combat Garage as I dislike using anonymity to hide behind and prefer open discussions . I also welcome any feedback & message queries - feel free to PM me .
Due to various problems & having a lot of time on my hands ( I'm partly disabled & under health + safety rules it's almost impossible for me to work in the UK ) , having had spent decades designing untold vehicles and coming up with new rules etc .
I'm also a little awkward & often have to suppress my inner 'Sheldon Cooper' so I don't come across as too overbearing or obnoxious . Due to my upbringing and bringing ruthlessly bullied , I hate to offend anybody ( unless they cross the line & most would say they deserve it ) - if my ratings do this this , I am truly sorry . BUT I try to look at the bigger picture and try to improve the game as a whole . It IS a GAME after all , and while passionate I refrain from personal attacks , flaming or trolling , as it just isn't in me - plus I've been on receiving end myself & it isn't nice .
I can be sarcastic when leaving comments on designs , but blame British comedies for that - particularly BlackAdder ! - and there's zero venom behind them .
I do wish I could play/meet more players from North America & have long chats about CWs etc , to discuss all aspects of the game . If the game is still to be played into the mid 21st Century , new ideas need to embraced : an online 'living rulebook' would be nice for a start .