View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 06:19 AM   #17
Rick_Smith

Default Re: Expansions and Splat books for TFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
What I'd want:

* Counter and map books with lots of nice TFT-style counters for all sorts of things, dropped weapon counters, terrain maps, tileable maps. Printed and/or in PDF with instructions to give to a copy shop on how to print them well on card stock. (Note these would all be perfect for use with GURPS too.)

* Books about various ways to flesh out and detail the Cidri-style guilds. We had a lot of fun with the Wizards Guild, Scholars Guild, and some with the Mercenaries and Mechanicians. I wouldn't make it too rigid but would suggest various ways they can be fleshed out. What rivalries between guild branches and factions could be like, how their power/trade might interact with powerful individuals such as rulers.

* Books about gaming out overland adventures. Mapping & getting lost, wilderness survival, vehicles and pack animals vs. terrain, weather & shelter, deserts, climbing, crossing rivers, boating.

* A set of guidelines for converting GURPS material to TFT (hello instant hundreds of books of content).

* Advanced/optional rules, or a catalog of common house rules.

* Mass combat and/or squad/company-scale combat.

* Naval combat/adventure (I used both Ramspeed & Wooden Ships & Iron Men, plus TFT boarding actions when PCs were aboard a ship where that happened).
Hi Skarg,
A counter and map book as you describe would be sweet.

The overland survival guide might be part of a ranger supplement.

Dragons of the Underearth sorta, kinda was a mass combat, company sized war game where PC parties could become counters in that game. Something like that could be really cool for TFT, but it would have to be done better. If it was done well, I would buy a copy, and a copy for each of my gaming group.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote