View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 09:44 PM   #25
ArchonShiva

Default Re: [Skill] Human Echolocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Balancing off the -2 hearing alone isn't all that big a deal: Acute Hearing and/or Observation can offset that -2 easily.
One of us* isn't making sense. Someone without any skill can roll Hearing-2 to locate an opponent. I let a VH skill do this at +0, because you had to buy it up to Per anyway. Acute Hearing will raise the Hearing roll at the same time it raises the Echolocation roll, so it's always Hearing -2 - you can't "offset" it except by raising the skill.

Flyndaran: The hearing your enemies bit isn't actually echolocation, but Acoustic Navigation sounds too technical for my taste. Hearing you enemy talking will tell you his mouth's position, and hearing him step will tell you about his feet - if you understand his physiology well enough, you can deduce the approximate position of his torso so you can stab at it. This isn't meant to be sonar imaging, it's meant to be practiced blind person.

*It's entirely possible that I'm the one explaining badly, and therefore not making sense to you.
ArchonShiva is offline   Reply With Quote