View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 05:28 PM   #21
BraselC5048

Default Re: [Skill] Human Echolocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonShiva View Post
Blind Fighting only requires you to make a roll to attack at full skill - this one caps your skill outright, so reaching Karate-20 will require Echolocation-20 as well, and heavy rain will drop your skill right back to 18. You might as well buy Trained by a Master by then.

Yes, it synergizes well with Mimicry and Ultrahearing, but without this I don't think there is a sound that Per-15 hears at no penalty that Per-12 won't hear at all. Using Mimicry to emit audible but unremarkable sounds is intended.

Note that clicking is for finding silent, inanimate objects. You wouldn't need it in combat.

Being unable to hear isn't at -7, it's at use some other skill.

Blind Fighting is a cinematic skill written to allow blind masters who fight better with a blindfold on. If you want that using hearing, maybe just write it on your sheet. But feel free to lift and reword mine to fine-tune the effect you want.
I was under the impression that you still needed clicking in combat, that's what makes it possible, and that the -7 for "being unable to hear at all" in Blind Fighting becomes for "not making any clicks at all." So roll at -7 if being completely silent, noise penalties only if clicking. If combat against objects that make noise (i.e. people) doesn't require clicking, than that's a big benefit. Assuming that you're using the Unusual Training perk, not Trained by a Master, of course, for the not needing clicking in combat.
BraselC5048 is offline   Reply With Quote