View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: [MA] Technical Grappling Example - Wrestler vs. Three Swordsmen

OK, I understand where the low CP totals come from. If y'all are willing to spend the time racking up CP, booyah.

I double-counted the ST, which is how I got to 28. I went 21 * 1.2 +3 instead of 18* 1.2 = 21, +3 for legs is 24. So Trained ST 18 for two arms, 24 for two legs.

Breaking free does get a bit of a, well, break. It's usually done pretty aggressively, and so yes, you can use any ungrappled or grappled limb to do it. But don't forget, it' an attack, so any limbs used to break free can't be used to maintain stability. If you're on the ground on your back, you may absolutely use any available limbs - I've done this myself.

As far as penalized arms, you can probably just cheat and say if you are ST 12 with one arm grappled for -3 to ST, just subtract it from the total. It would be a lot like two ST 5 arms making ST 10, so a ST 3 and a ST 5 arm is ST 8, which is just hitting the overall ST with the same -2 penalty.

Combining that with one or more legs, with penalties, suggests using the combining BL rules, and so the ST 8 arms (penalized) would combine with the ST 14 legs (12*1.2) as sqrt (8^2 + 14^2)
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote