Old 12-27-2016, 09:13 PM   #1164
Icelander

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"No, you haven't asked his name yet"
-- 16 hours after the initial capture and interrogation of the prisoner
Players... players do that.

One time, I was a player, not a GM, and my character was the one who did the planning and sensible thinking for the adventuring group. I missed one session and found out that that the other PCs had taken advantage of my PC being busy with other stuff and rushed into the brig where we were keeping a valuable prisoner, apparently a clone of my character, presumably knowing a lot of stuff about an enemy faction which he served.

When I got back, I was regaled with a long description of the terrible torture they inflicted on the poor prisoner. They beat him, burned him, cut off an ear, crushed toes, clipped off fingers, poked out eyes and a long list of other indignities before he expired, dead from shock. I shook my head and asked: "Did he at least tell you something useful?"

The GM gave a long-suffering sigh: "No one asked him anything."

The other players all started to explain at once. The gist of their explanations boiled down to "you're usually the one who does the boring stuff like that and you weren't there, so how were we supposed to know what to ask him?"