View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 09:28 PM   #7
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: WW2 What are you going to be and do?

There's very few positions that existed during those years at which I'd be qualified. And as people were afraid of spies during those days, an unqualified person that nobody knew might well look like a spy....

I'd be tempted to say a journalist in America right before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor so I could warn about it. (I think I still remember how to use a typewriter). I even knew someone who was there at that time; it might be fun to meet them back then. But what if my report delayed America getting involved in the war, and that caused one of those scenarios where things turn out much, much worse because America continued staying neutral?

I'd also love to be able to tell Anne Frank, "You and your diary will be world famous!" But I don't speak Dutch.

Frankly, as much as I fantasize about changing history, I would be afraid of really messing things up.

So I'd be an uncredited extra in one of my favorite films, 1942s Casablanca. It would be fun in modern times to see myself sitting in the background at "Rick's Café Américain." And I could solve the, "Was that uncredited actor really Jack Benny?" mystery.
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote