Thread: Serendipity
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 09:51 PM   #4
Dalin

Default Re: Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
For the cost I might allow Serendipity (at least one level) but I would try to put most of the work on the player, so it would be like a "flashback token" most likely.
I'm intrigued by the flashback idea. Will try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
I have seen Luck ruin other players experience because it lets the Lucky player perform without needing the group or in a really bad situation, play in-spite of the group.
I haven't had much trouble with it thus far. It's been popular on character sheets. I mostly see it act as a get-out-of-critical-failure card. Or when something is especially important, they'll invoke luck to improve their odds of success. I also see it used as a way of improving the odds on a challenging roll. As often as not, though, they still end up failing the attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald387 View Post
it's also reasonable to use it for most of the 'Getting Stuff Cheap' tasks, or any time the question of whether a particular special order or magic item is available for sale (the merchant 'just happens' to have that in stock!) . . . basically, in place of anything where a lucky break could reasonably help the PC's cause.
Lots of great ideas here, Harald387. Thank you!
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote