View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #469
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Simon Cross has wound up (dimensional travel sucks) as the first officer of a Ranger-class scout in a Star Trek world. Simon, used to dealing with super villains, thinks he's figured out who a murderer is amongst a group of miners and merchants (he was actually right, which is rare for Simon).

Simon: Don't let Jameson out of your sight.
Fed Marine (GM): Aye, sir.
Simon: But you need to be subtle about it.
Fed Marine: Sir? I'm not sure about the meaning of that word. "Subtle."
Simon: It means to set phasers to stun.
Fed Marine: They have a stun setting?
Simon: Okay, maybe marines weren't the best choice for this . . ..

Later, Jameson confronts Simon after causing an avalanche that separates him from his group (they're using phasers to try to dig through to him).

Jameson: So, you figured it all out.
Simon: Yeah. You were sloppy.
Jameson: I had it figured out to the last decimal place. You couldn't have figured it out. You’re just a Federation stooge!
Simon: No, you're just an amateur, I'm used to dealing with people who can read minds, so you're just a little punk.
Jameson: I'm a "little punk" with a Klingon disruptor pointed at you.
Simon: Is that what that is? Okay, so now you've just made two fatal mistakes.
Jameson: Yeah?
Simon: First off . . .. (ooc) I'll use my TK to pull the disruptor out of his hand and toss it across the room. (Rolls and gives results). (IC) I'm a telekinetic.
Jameson: (Pronounced miner swearing). What was my second mistake?
Simon: You might have gotten away with it if it weren’t for those lousy kids and their stupid dog.
Jameson: What stupid dog?
Simon (ooc): I'll shapeshift into crinos and lunge at him.
(Simon's a werewolf, amongst other super powers)

==

Jillian, another dimensional traveller is stuck in a parallel world (something is blocking her power to jump). She has replaced a soccer-mom version of herself (she's started out as a genius-level biochemist). She's been to several ultra-tech worlds, and with eidetic memory, has a lot of information stored in her brain, which she sometimes uses to be taken seriously.

An unscheduled eclipse has occured and Jillian is trying to help figure out what caused it, and has, with a hacker's assistance, broken into a high-level conference call.

Jillian: I'm sure you're all wondering who I am and why you should listen to me.
GM: They all agree.
Jillian: I'm sending you formula for: why electrons have mass, two forms of faster-than-light travel and a joke.
GM: *Blank stare*
Jillian (OOC): What? You don't watch Doctor Who?
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote