View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #468
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

The game is In Nomine. Three of the PCs (angels) had encountered a demon with no memory or much else going upstairs ... a demon who strongly resembled Alan Wolf, a guy that some of the PCs had hoped to Redeem before another PC cut him to pieces.

Two of his discoverers took him back to an apartment and tried to get him to shower -- only to find that he first let his clothes get soaked before finally remembering to undress. As a result, the clueless demon was now sitting on the couch of a studio apartment in nothing but a towel while Kay, an impulsive Bright Lilim, tries to call her "older Sister" Susan for some clothes and assistance.

The result was borderline screwball comedy. Some highlights:
=========

Susan (at a hospital visiting a wounded angel): "Hang on a sec," she tells the Malakite. Not answering the phone, Susan texts back, "I'll call you back in a few."
Kay: (Texts back) "I'm in a room with a naked guy and Bertha and I have clothes on"
GM: "Is that a cry for help or bragging?"

===
Susan: "Alan is *BACK*?! As in, alive???"
Kay: (Remembering she can get clothes elsewhere) "NVM...I'm a dork"
Susan: "No, no, Sister, I'm not going to nevermind that a naked demon is in the room with you!"
Kay: "I'm fine! Bertha is with me"
Susan: "What is Bertha doing with the naked demon??"
GM: "Oh, such a straight line ..."
===
Kay: "I thought you wanted to talk later?"
Susan: "You have a demon and another angel with you, and you want me to talk to you LATER now?! A NAKED DEMON?!?"
Kay: "You said you were busy!"

(And of course, as Susan screams "A NAKED DEMON?!?" into the phone so that half the hospital can hear, another angel mutters "Way to keep a low profile, hon ...")
====
Susan: (After hanging up and practically destroying the cell phone) "C'mon, we have to go off the demon who won't stay dead--or dressed."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote