View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 03:21 AM   #1
UncleBob

Default Expansions/Booster to get for basic fantasy set for noobs?

So - real new to this game, and just started getting friends into playing it. Played with two last night (and my wife) - they're both buying a copy now. :D

However, them buying decks puts me in a bind - because if we play with their deck, then I don't get to be the definitive voice on ruling issues. >:)

So far, I've only purchased some boosters to add to the game. I've got the Conan Booster, the Guild Booster, Reloaded, Monster Enhancers and the Munchkinomicon (though I'm waiting to play with this one until we're all a bit more familiar with the game).

Additionally, I placed orders today/yesterday for the 2011 Warehouse 23 exclusive, all three (released) Christmas-themed boosters, Fairy Dust and Fairy Dice.

Now, I think with the Fairy Dust and Die, I'll be waiting to add those into play for the same reasons I'm waiting on the Munchkinomicon.

Sso far, I've added all of the other boosters into play and, when the Christmas and Warehouse cards arrive, I'll be adding those (as applicable) to the main deck.

So, where do I go from here? I really enjoyed the Conan cards - can the full Conan game be easily mixed in with the base fantasy set? Should it be?

Outside of that, the only stuff left are the various promo cards and the expansions. While I may eventually get the boxes of holding, I don't think I want to spring for a bunch of extra dice or such - unless there's a super-fun promo card in the set. Thoughts? Obviously, promos I can't order are out.

For the regular expansions, should I just buy them, one at a time, in numberical order and add them to my deck as my friends and I play through them a few times? Is there a particular expansion that's worth skipping and coming back to later? And if I go this route, at which point would I be best to add in the Conan set?
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote