Thread: Sci Fi Cthulhu!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 05:07 AM   #10
L.J.Steele

Default Re: Sci Fi Cthulhu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't quite define the question about the model/cosmology/paradigm. I meant like these models. So e.g. the spun-off new timelines - do they overwrite or coexist, and is jumping between them doable etc.? Which of the listed models is the closest, and which additional rules of temporal physics are in play? (Also, here's a link to my question elsewhere, in case more elaboration is required and/or you'd be interested in earning some rep on RPGSE.)
At best guess, sensitive history model -- going back changes a single timeline. (You, or at least nothing human, can jump ahead -- the Corruption cost is too high.) The new timeline overwrites the old one. For the time-travelling character, their personal past is sticky -- so if you kill your past self, then no future you will exist if you screw up this mission to try again. (Again, there are notes that the Eldrich Horrors understand time very differently.)

The suggested timelines don't interact, but could be done in series. OK, we stopped Cthulu, and Dagon from rising, but … is that future me III here to warn us about the King in Yellow?
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote