View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 05:58 AM   #2
Phil Masters

Default Re: Discworld Game / Campaign experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianEye View Post
I'm really enjoying the new edition of the Discworld rpg.
Glad to hear it!

Quote:
It's been out a little while now - wondering if anyone's had any recent games, campaign or whatnot experiences.
I've mostly ended up running demo games at conventions (quite a lot), but these mostly seem to go well. I have a compulsion to make each one a bit different, to save myself from boredom and for the amusement of the players who regularly sign up for them, so UK Games Expo will have the last appearance of a tale of dungeon mastering and the nature of progress, and a first outing for a game I'm still planning, with the PCs as a pantheon of very small gods.

Quote:
I've picked up a copy of The Compleat Guide to Ankh-Morpork (it's got a fantastic map in it), and could probably run urban hijinks easily enough. The book has a number of city establishment ads that, alone, could drive some sessions.
Yes, the Compleat Guide is an excellent game resource - two of my fairly recent demo games involved an emergency response team from the Temple of Small Gods and a group of Watchmen, so that map has had some use. I'd equally recommend The Compleat Discworld Atlas, which has a truly beautiful version of the whole-Disc map (two versions, actually, one topographical, one political), and a fairly extensive gazetteer that should spark a good few game ideas.

If you're running in the post-Raising Steam version of the Disc, I'd also suggest looking at Mrs. Bradshaw's Handbook, which has some ideas about the current state of things on the Sto Plains and thereabouts. Its depiction of Zemphis certainly influenced one of my recent scenarios.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote