Thread: Flail or staff?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 04:06 PM   #20
Dalin

Default Re: Flail or staff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonShiva View Post
Get a shield lectern. You can stick an emergency scroll on there to cast in (usually) two actions. 8 Hit Points on self with no roll required (self-healing is notoriously difficult) is just one possibility.
Great idea. I'll add the lectern to my equipment upgrade wish list.

What makes self-healing so difficult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
My only suggestion is to try to free up 1 of your Quirk points for Weapon Bond. That Flail is so sweet it isn't likely to get traded out* any time soon.
Brilliant. I'll find a way to do that.

Quote:
* In fact, if your GM is amenable, I'd just keep blingin Matarab out. Add some fancy Silver Inlays to the ball and handle, some more value in gemstones or inlaid precious metals, get her enchanted, a nice carrying case, some essential oils, spring for a massage for her when you're in town...
This is both my plan and the style I've adopted. Zafir believes that everything, even mundane objects, is inhabited by spirits. He thinks of Matarab as an ally rather than a possession. And, although Zafir himself isn't especially interested in bling (though he'll spend $$$ on a great meal), he believes Matarab is quite vain in that way. It's funny, though, that I don't have a backstory for Matarab yet. One of the other PCs is a dwarf and I've been meaning to chat with the player to see if there could be a connection there.
Dalin is online now   Reply With Quote