View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 07:14 PM   #7
malloyd

Default Re: Innate Attack Perk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
So do you agree with allowing Perk: Attribute Substitution (Innate Attack based on Per)?
I generally would consider it for any missile attack. It's the sort *almost* reasonable thing the perk is for (completely reasonable things don't need a perk at all, just the standard rules for floating a skill to a different attribute).

The major effect is that it gives IQ (or I suppose just PER) heavy characters access to an effective combat skill at a reasonable cost, which I personally consider a win - it gives their players something worthwhile to do in a fight, and fights are something that almost inevitably eats up a lot of play time in an RPG, and players sitting around for a couple hours while stuff happens they can't really participate in meaningfully isn't any fun.

And nah, I don't really worry about the difference in stat cost. PER still costs a point more than improving a single skill, so nobody is really likely to boost it just for a skill bonus. If you start wanting to Attribute Substitute a *lot* of skills to the same attribute I might start saying no, but for one or two substitutions it's not much of an issue.