View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 11:24 PM   #49
Humabout

Default Re: [Spaceships] Heat Signature, Cloaking Device, and Stealth Hull

Quote:
Originally Posted by safisher View Post
And smart folks were assuming all the things that were "science fiction" were impossible, until...every single time...innovations caused paradigm shifts which the average scientist has always thought was impossible. Then suddenly, those things that were impossible were possible. And everyone retroactively knew that, of course.
Like practical nuclear space ships producing enough Gs for passengers to be uncomfortably thrust into their acceleration couches? Or what about FTL subspace communications? For that matter, what about FTL propulsion at all? I recall reading a lot of science fiction about time travel, yet that still remains firmly out of reach, unless you've figured out how to create negative energy (energy is, after all, the generator of the time translation genorater in Hamiltonian systems).

Quote:
Originally Posted by safisher View Post
Hasn't Carlo Rovelli's Quantum Loop Gravity been shown wrong? Doesn't say much for anything else he's said, especially when it's in the vein of "people should be more open minded."

If you'd like to link to primary research concerning the subject matter, I'll gladly read and consider it. Otherwise, I suppose I've said all I have to say.

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote