View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #56
Icelander

Default Re: [MA] Silent Sentry Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
It seems reasonably straightforward with Sound Of One Hand Grappling (MA): since the penalty to initiate a lock or choke with one hand is -2, doing it with two arms but only one hand would be at -1 as the only possible mid-range value. The choke hold I know doesn't rely on the right hand having fingers*, so having them occupied by a knife doesn't seem to be a factor for the ST-based rolls to choke the target. (I'm talking about a right-handed attacker.) After initiating the choke - i.e. once the target started losing FP from suffocation, we don't try to do any MoS-based damage, and go for knifing. Sure, if we tried to choke, we'd be using half ST, so we just don't care. If the target tries to break free, we have to suffer a straight (one-handed) Quick Contest of ST adjusted for Wrestling and/or Power Grappling.

The question is whether the extra risk of breaking free on subsequent turns is worth the stab to the Vitals.

* == I suspect e.g. TKD can prove how little I know and give examples.
I'm referring to current grappling rules, i.e. GURPS Technical Grappling. While it provides new mechanisms for actual one-handed grappling, I didn't find anything about using the crook of the arm while holding a knife.