View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
Clipper

Default Re: a conundrum of the floating nose and the halitosis potion

No, for two reasons. First, I believe Transferral Potion does need a monster to be present in order for it to be played, so you need to wander in a monster first. Second, if you do successfully transfer the fight, monsters that are automatically killed before the use of Transferral Potion still count as being killed by the player that was in combat when he killed them and they get the levels and Treasures after the transferred combat ends.

Here's the FAQ entry for that:
Quote:
Q. I used an ability to automatically kill a monster. Another player used Wandering Monster to add a monster to the fight, and then played Transferral Potion to move the monster to himself. He beat it. Who gets the level and Treasures for the monster I killed?
A. You do; you killed it. (This has been ruled different ways at different times, but we got a ruling directly from Steve, so it trumps everything else.) You get your level and Treasures after the whole combat is resolved. If the other player also wins, you draw Treasures first.