View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #8
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: New question: base builiding options

First of all, I'm assuming you're asking about the rules in "What's In A Lair?", since the Supers version doesn't have an explicit Size trait. Let me know if that's incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrah2k View Post
[snip] the size and base cost for the size throw me off. Especially when the size -2 results in the "free" room. From there, are the prices based on the status chart?
Yes, the base cost (pun not intended) of a lair is based on the Cost of Living Table (p. B265). You determine the Size you want the base to be, and look that number up on the Cost of Living Table, which gives you the base cost. The "free" small room that Size -2 provides isn't free in the sense of money, it's "free" in the sense that, while the space provided by Size is based off what's normally available at equivalent Status at the TL, you always get at least that small room, even if the equivalent Status wouldn't necessarily give you that. For example, if you're building a base in your Humanis Superbus Roman Republic superhero game, someone with Status -2 at TL 2 wouldn't necessarily even get a small room. But your base will always be at least that large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrah2k
Also, I tried to find where it explains a numerical calculation for the number of fixtures, and either read over it, or simply did not understand...
This is covered in the second paragraph under "Fixtures", (Pyramid #3/86, p. 10). You find the base's Size in the Size column of the Size and Speed/Range Table (p. B550), and use the corresponding value in the Linear Measurement column as the maximum number of fixtures. So, for example, if you have a base with Size 6, the corresponding linear measurement on the table is 20, so you'd have a maximum of 20 fixtures.

Does that clarify things?
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote