View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 02:41 PM   #20
Skarg

Default Re: Phasing for falling down/standing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
"Standing up happens after all other actions" is an interesting idea. I am now most furiously thinking about that. What would it break?
I don't know that it breaks anything I would want unbroken, but what I notice it changes is:

* Figures who fall before other foes act will be prone for two of those foes' actions before they can get up. (Compared to the AW sequencing, where that could still happen, but only from foes who were slower than the one who knocked them down, but faster than the victim - however the victim is at -2 or -5 DX that turn, so that's liable to be many of the foes).

* Faster fighters who fall will no longer will enjoy the ability to get up before the person who hit them gets to act again.

* As Rick just pointed out, IF you're playing that the +4 DX for attacking prone targets speeds up when an attack occurs (which we usually did NOT do, as it seems slightly illogical and also greatly complicates the sequence of play), then it's unlikely someone knocked down is going to be faster than their attacker (we played that they'd be at -2 at that point, and probably another -3 if they are down to ST 3).

* It's sort of more interesting if it as in AM, because then adjDX has an effect on when you get up. But part of that interestingness is annoying to slower characters. Again, how annoying to them that is might depend on which DX modifiers you include as affecting the sequence. And, one person's annoyance may be their foe's delight, though in general high-DX gets many advantages.

[LIGHT HOWITZER]
Another (fairer? more equal, anyway) sequencing might be to have people get up at the action point (adjDX) of the attacker when they knocked them down the previous turn, but that's a notch or two of sophistication above most TFT rules.
[/LIGHT HOWITZER]
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote