View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 12:14 AM   #50
ak_aramis

Default Re: my new campaign ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
Sure. But where we're told, for example, that some of the Traditions like other Traditions more or less, and that the Traditions oppose the Technocracy but tend to see something to admire in the Void Engineers, and that the Sons of Ether used to be Technocracy but were driven out, and so on—we're told that the Traditions, the Technocracy, and even the Marauders agree on despising the Nephandi and destroying them on sight. It's kind of like the way Glorantha has gods affiliated with different Runes, who get along more or less, and sometimes have old quarrels, we also see that all of the various Rune cults hate Chaos. That may be officially relativistic but it looks a lot like inherent evil, in both cases.

And the Nephandi kind of come across to me as comic book villains. I don't really see them as the adversaries I want to make a campaign interesting.
Just remember - it's all heavily and wilfully biased except for the mechanics. Just tell your players the book's fluff was written by an ex-nephandi... with an axe to grind, and may not be accurate.
That is the intended way to use it. It's all POV, not setting truth.

Last edited by ak_aramis; 09-09-2017 at 12:19 AM.
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote