View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
doulos05

Default Re: Pyramid 54 or Pyramid 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
I don't know if it will answer your question, but I can offer the following:

"Lord of the Manor" (Pyramid #3/52: Low-Tech) builds off of Low-Tech, Low-Tech Companion 3: Daily Life and Economics, and At Play in the Fields from Pyramid #3/33: Low-Tech.

"City Management" (Pyramid #3/54: Social Engineering) builds off City Stats, Mass Combat, and Social Engineering.

The difference between those two sources -- Low-Tech versus City Stats -- sums up the differences between the two articles. If you need to know the exact dollar value for selling poultry/nutmeg/etc., then "Lord of the Manor" is going to be more your speed. If you're more interested in hand-waving away details (in the style of City Stats), then "City Management" will likely be more of interest.

Note that "Lord of the Manor" builds extensively off "At Play in the Fields" (Pyramid #3/33: Low-Tech); if you don't have that issue, then I can't recommend you spend your monthly Pyramid budget on that issue. (Similarly if you don't own or don't like City Stats, then "City Management" is a poor choice.)

If you haven't checked them out, both issues have a sample page from those two articles in the samples of their respective pages; that might give you more of an idea of what's contained therein.

Hope this helps!
That helps me tremendously, dollar values isn't what I'm looking for, I'm looking for a higher abstraction level. Thanks!

Also, failing to check the Sample PDFs linked directly on the products' respective pages... Wow. Years of teaching 7 year olds have dulled my Research skill (this is the 3rd such failure this week, and none of them were exceptionally hard). I didn't put nearly enough points in skill maintenance the last 4 years. I better start sinking my free time into researching random stuff or the Masters in History I'm starting this March is gonna be hell...

Last edited by doulos05; 12-09-2013 at 06:30 PM.
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote