View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:39 AM   #1
muduri

Default limitations on attributes

I'm just trying to figure out the cost of disadvantages like "-1 to all attributes during daylight" (magical goblins, for example) and "+1 to all attributes under full moon" (færie creatures, say). Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I didn't see an exact fit in the rules or the fora so I figured it wouldn't hurt to clarify.

The second seems fairly straightforward - it would be (10+20+20+10) * 60% accessibility for 36 points total, right?

As for the first, does it make the most sense to compute the cost as if the penalty condition is the baseline? Essentially, then, it would be -1 to all attributes (-60 points) and +1 to all attributes at night (60 * 80% = 48 points) for a total of -12: the rationale being that since they choose to act mostly at night, the disadvantage is worth a lot less than the converse advantage.

In the spirit of completeness, I might as well add the disadvantage "-1 to all attributes under a new moon". Maybe 10% (6 points) or even 5% (3 points)? It seems like it's the same principle as "-1 under sunlight" but much less frequent.
muduri is offline   Reply With Quote