View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 08:49 AM   #90
Racer

Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB 1473
My response: Mangler -- Six gauss guns on a camper!

Camper; CA Frame; Extra Heavy chassis w/6 Tires (Dualies); Heavy Active suspension; 150 cid Engine w/Tubes, BP, VP Turbo, Overdrive, 5 gallon Duelling tank; 6 Solid tires. Driver. 3xGauss Gun w/10xStandard each linked F; Gauss Gun w/10 Standard and 1 Mag in 3s Turret; Gauss Gun w/10 Standard in 2s Sponson L; Gauss Gun w/10 Standard in 2s Sponson L; 2xFlame Cloud Discharger, L, R, linked. 4xSmart Link (All GG-F, Turret-L, Turret-R, Turret-R & L); Hi-Res Computer. 165 pts. Plastic (F: 35 R: 30 L: 30 B: 30 T: 30 U: 10); 2x10 pt. Plastic Hubs F; 2x10 pt. Plastic Guards B. Cost: $117,000, Wgt: 7,800, HC: 3, Top Speed: 60 (80), Accel: 10 (5).

The description of Laser Batteries says that they're necessary only for lasers and "power-draining electronics (radar, IR, etc)." I agree that it could be clearer, but I think Gauss Guns are exempted. If you disagree, replace the extra magazine with a laser battery in the turret.

One detail that would be nice to add to the game is how many electrical Power Factors gas engines produce. Maybe one for every hundred CID? One per thousand motive PF (three thousand Maximum Load for oversized engines)?
GG's drain 1/2 power unit per shot , and even TL which drain NO power units still need as Laser Battery ( Pyramid 4 ) . State of The Art part 1 in ADQ 7/2 states that Gas Engines only have a small axillary 'Flywheel' to power the vehicle's basic electronics , FE's etc , and not much else .
Sorry to say but I don't think you can place a Laser Batt in a turret , as it says ( somewhere ) that it has to be adjacent to the Power Plant/Gas Engine .

Last edited by Racer; 11-25-2007 at 09:01 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote