View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 02:43 PM   #7
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: The Immovable Foundation-Stone on which TFT Characters are Built

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeard1999 View Post
ST is already effectively bifurcated. Heroes use ST for 2 things - determining the size weapon they can use and absorbing damage. Wizards use ST for 3 things - powering spells, absorbing damage and determining the size weapon they can use.
Yes we use ST to GOVERN the max weapon, GOVERN HTH Barehand Damage, Fatigue. etc. BUT can you independently alter any of those thing out of relation to the other? If not, they are not "bifurcated", as the others do not "stay" - that's how you can tell what is, and what is not.

Quote:
First, you're removing the main incentive for Wizards to raise their ST to high levels. And you're doing this without having to mess with the magic system (other than replace "ST" with "PW").
Hang on, I only presented the problem, and the arguments, not any solutions - go back and re-read, to check me

Quote:
The second point is why I've resisted a "Health" attribute. While it makes ST far less useful to Wizards (thereby addressing the Conan the Wizard problem), it also makes ST much less useful to heroes. Which has the unintended effect of making DX even more valuable than ST, comparatively..
Well, obviously HT had to come from somewhere,.. and it would be silly to use DX, so the default is ST, and if you bifurcate ST to create HT, you violate the original premise by taking something out, and if you take something out, you violate the Commutative Law which states that is does not work for subtraction.. and round and round it goes....

Last edited by Jim Kane; 03-14-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote