View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #7
offsides

Default Re: Adjudicating combat effects

Reading through the replies and the FAQ, it seems like there's 2 separate situation:

1) Someone plays a card that ends combat, stating that either there are no rewards or the reward is modified. However, since the first monster is already dead, and combat ended without a loss (i.e., having to run away), you should get the rewards for the auto-kill. This seems to line up with Andrew's previous ruling.

2) Someone plays a card that negates the combat - that is, it's as if it never happened (I can't remember the card, but there's at least one out there that does this including sending played cards back into everyone's hands). In that case, I would think that you don't get the rewards, since the combat never actually happened (and in some cases, the card that caused the auto-kill was returned to your hand), but I expect Andrew will have to make a ruling on this when he has time.

Fortunately this appears to be a bit of a corner case, so it shouldn't crop up too, too often (famous last words, I know...).
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote