View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
RevBob

Default Known bug: Stock statuses

Without getting too deep into the weeds on this one, the main website's product pages are still tied to the old e23/W23 stores, which are no longer being updated. We are currently focused on fixing the problem by updating the core "product availability" module to use the new store instead of the old ones. That way, we don't have to make a host of manual changes that just end up needing to be undone later. Naturally, that update has its own place on the list of priorities, and there are some problems that outrank it.

What this means for you right now is that the SJGames.com product pages may show a product as (un)available when it's not. We are aware of this, and there is no need to report it as a bug. In all such cases, trust what the new store says.

More to the point, some newly-released products may not show up on SJGames.com. Today's release, the Deluxe Wheelie PDF for Car Wars, is affected by this problem. If the bug is still in place when the next issue of Pyramid is released, that section of the site will also be affected. And so on...

I don't like it either, but that's the way of things at the moment. Once the two key modules get updated, the site will snap back into sync, as it was before. (Only better.)

And yes, I'm aware of the old "e23" graphics that need to get updated. Very aware. This is very much a case of "fix, then polish" - the functionality has to come first.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.