View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 09:35 AM   #8
Plane

Default Re: Psionics: Teleport and Attack?

"roll is at -10, but you are free to choose whatever Manoeuvre you like immediately after that" per http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/faq/FAQ4-3.html#SS3.2.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I had to look up Warp as I thought it required a Concentration action. But it doesn't explicitly say that. So yea, at 0 sec its a free action and can be combined with any other action including an attack.
According to the FAQ the Warp advantage uses "Ready" maneuvers ("take a turn of Ready to get -5 to the roll instead; take multiple Ready actions to get from -4 to +10.") If you wanted to change that to concentrates, would probably split the difference between the "requires ready" and "requires concentrate" limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
The most I would charge for an instant Warp + Attack is making it a Technique to remove the penalty one would normally take for a Rapid Strike attack. Otherwise, just call it a Rapid Strike, with the first "attack" being your Warp/Blink.
I don't think you can activate it using an "Attack", unless of course it was Affliction: Warp instead.

Given that there is a "Quick Draw" skill which allows readying weapons (normally requiring a Ready maneuver) to be done as a free action on a success (takes a Ready as normal if failed, fumbles if crit fail) it makes me wonder if anyone has developed a similar skill for Warp in any of the books. I'd like to see this idea (specifying by advantage)

Since Extra Ready is same price as Extra Attack you could HR allowing something like "All Out: Double" instead of Attack+Attack to be Ready+Ready.

Or a HR to adapt the "Dual Ready" perk to something other than readying 2 weapons at once. HTH has other perks like "Quick Sheathe" and "Quick Swap" for shaving off Ready maneuver costs, although with Warp I think you're intended to just buy the "Reliable" enhancement (or Talent) to offset the penalties for taking less time.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote