Thread: Nordlund et al
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 09:49 PM   #10
Dalin

Default Re: Nordlund et al

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
Tomb of the Dragon King is DF Adventures 2, a 36 page adventure. It looks like it would fit as one of the things going on in Forest's End.
If I were going to insert Tomb of the Dragon King, I would use Skógurenda in place of Broken Fang Point. It even suggests that the palace is up a river from there, so you could just put it along the Sálsigti Ána on the way to the Rosgarth ruins.

I'd change some of the lore from the adventure to make it mesh better with the material in Forest's End. I might demote the dragon from king to unspecified rank to avoid too many dragon realms along this stretch of river. Although, with the original dragons arriving in Midgard "tens of thousands" of years ago and Vaesukir dying 3000 years ago, there's plenty of room for different kingdoms that overlap spatially but not temporally. TotDK merely says that the king and queen had their epic battle "centuries past." Looking at the timeline in Forest's End, Audreyn's Wall was completed 1275 years ago. One idea might be to read "centuries past" as more than ten centuries and have the dragon kingdom be part of the impetus that led to the construction of Audreyn's Wall.

This sounds pretty fun!
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote