View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 11:48 PM   #105
mook

Default Re: Game Geekery - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
I still think it would very much help to explain the idea of where starting wealth comes from and how Kerna got her gear, especially since her gear has proved extremely relevant to examples . . . . you mentioned shopping, but didn't mention budget or any particular reason for the particular choices in gear (I do find the idea of scale being such a default starting character choice weird, since it was the default starting level DnD 3.0 heavier starting armor . . . . I had always thought of it as being a kind of odd also ran type of armor and that usually people preferred say mail or plate)
I was only thinking DR 4 felt about right for use in the examples, and Scale doesn't have the split DR of Mail's "4/2" (which I may use for the later advanced/UT series).

I did add a line about gear, to "Unlike poor Rex, Kerna is packing some serious armor" I added "(paid for by the kingdom — a starting character without the Wealth advantage wouldn’t be able to afford all the gear she has)," but that was in the first intermediate post, Kerna's character creation, and not the post we were discussing.

Now I'm thinking a few thoughts on gear would probably be a useful post all to itself.
mook is offline   Reply With Quote