View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 11:24 AM   #22
malchidael

Default Re: Tactical encounters book

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Somebody did some "terrain variants" of standard Melee Megahexes on line a few years back. (It may have been inspired by that rather more "arty" version of Melee, done by Kwanchai.) I think it's over on Brainiac.com. Their hexes included things like trees and rocks and whatnot on them as display items (much like your Druid's Hut adventure did), and they might be more easily exportable for you, if you can figure out a way to make them work in different groups. I'll try to see if I can find the link to them so you can take a look...
Oh, I have those, but thanks!

My challenge is that Campaign Cartographer only has horizontal or vertical hex grids, so the Melee Map needs to be rotated for export/printing or it looks odd. I have to figure out the correct rotation and the correct way to split it up so it reliably prints with 1.5" hexes on any printer. I have some ideas; just need to spend time futzing with it (Campaign Cartographer is a wonderful tool for lousy artists who understand CAD programs, but it is NOT the easiest thing to use - and I've been using it since it was a DOS program)

So I want to design a template that makes it easy to create both the artistic maps like the Druid's Hut, the more simplistic (and cheaper to print) ones like The Summoning, and the even more simple ones that were in Death Test/DT2.
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote