View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #20
Rindis

Default Re: [Sorcery] Those Other Spells...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Cat View Post
Actually, Create with the Destruction enhancement is already permanent. So you don't need to add duration to the ability. That should make it significantly cheaper.
Ah ha. I hadn't put all that together when I only skimmed the main part of Create.

Quote:
Fractional levels are the only way to affect a quantity of an item that limited. Note that the Create advantage allows you to affect a smaller area than the maximum based on your level. So the caster doesn't have to worry about erasing their own texts. I gave the spells an area of 2 yards to conform with the rest of Sorcery.
Yeah, and I'm more trying to emulate AD&D than the standard Sorcery spells, so I'm trying to impose some of the hard limits on them. Revised, Erase is now 1 point....

Quote:
Could you add a description for your Confuse Languages spell? The statistics aren't very illuminating as to what the spell is supposed to do.
The idea is that a target person or object becomes incomprehensible for the duration of the spell. On a person, it's obviously just the -15 point version of Cannot Speak, as they still make noise, they just can't make themselves understood. On an object, it does much the same thing to whatever was written on it, should they be notes, journals, monumental inscriptions.... In AD&D it's actually the reverse of Comprehend Languages, which lets a mage understand any one person or piece of writing (but not speak or write that language).