View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 12:04 PM   #13
Rindis

Default Re: [Sorcery] Those Other Spells...

Half of the point is the intellectual exercise, so getting hung up on details is a feature, not a bug. :)

I've been strongly tempted to just say, 'Fine, the area has four hours of car alarm syndrome, move along,' but I think the idea of 'Once Only' as a timed trap feature could be handy/fun for other uses.

And I've been wondering about whether my +0% 'features' really weren't hiding an abuse I missed (or just some other modifier that implies they wouldn't be +0%), so thanks for the feedback there.

I will mention at this point that I've got another three/four spells in the initial post I'd like to get some ideas on; I'm not nearly as happy with them as with Alarm.

I was just thinking that maybe I should just rate Erase as 'Afflict: Cannot Speak (-25), Permanent, Accessibility: Inanimate objects/writing only' (and Confuse Languages would just use the -15 point version). My instinct is to shy away from allowing Afflicts on non-character objects, but maybe that's not a bad +0% switch too. (What would both be? +100%?) That would just leave pondering what the modifiers between erasing a book and erasing a couple pages would be....