View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 06:43 AM   #198
Nils_Lindeberg

Default Re: TFT Helper - beta test of app

It has been a long time since I tried this app last time, so I thought I would give it a go.

A couple of issues, that might have been reported already:

Bola should give 0 damage and not NaN.
Boomerang should use missile weapon range, but still get bonuses from Throwing Weapon talent.

Pole weapons are missing a lot:
No option to back up and charge even if you should be able to do it. For ex. you have a high MA and foe is 2 yards away.

Since the range is 2D, one might add some sort of formula for high MA, initiative and flanking. So it will be possible to engage enemies in the side if they move first and move too close. Unless you are in a small room or corridor. With a movement of 12 or 14 you can to a lot of shenanigans. But it would be ok, if you just used a formula and sometimes gives the fast guy a side attack and no return attack in the first engagement turn.

I am not quite sure how you use the rules for having a spear in one hand and a shield. You should be able to drop the shield as a free actions and grab the spear 2-h for an attack. I don't think the spear has to be made ready with a whole action. The same issue might show up with carrying two javelins and not having the Thrwoing Weapon talent. Can you throw one, then the other, or do you have to make the second one ready even though it already was in the hand of the character? What about carrying a 2-h weapon in one hand, say a halberd, and then a javelin in the other hand (which is ready). You throw the javelin as an action or you drop it, and as soon as you have two hands available you have the halberd ready. Or do you still have to ready the halberd, because you can't even hold it in one hand? So there is essentially no gain in having the halberd on your back, picking it up from the floor and already carrying it around in your hand. Which is strange, but maybe more of a rule problem than an app problem.

No handling of too heavy weapons. Should be easy to adjust the damage and adjDX modifier. -1dmg per 2 ST, so a halberd in the hands of a ST 10 will do 2-2 dmg. ANd -1 adjDX for each lacking ST. So -3 adjDX in the example mentioned.

I droped my weapon in a fight and in the next fight it was gone, even though I won the first fight and should have had ample time to pick it up. This was down in the sewers.

But still very nice work on the app over all, keep it up! :-)
Nils_Lindeberg is offline   Reply With Quote