View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 08:40 PM   #28
Wayne

Default Re: IQ rise and talents

Actually like the poor dog in Proverbs 26:11, I really think this needs to be printed in black and white in the rules.
  1. IQ slots no longer count for anything other than creating a new character. There is no mention of IQ Slots in the rules.
  2. Somewhere around a total of 36 or 37 stat points, most players will choose to start learning new abilities instead of buying higher stats. I think this implies that prior to 36 or 37 an extra talent or spell comes with each IQ point added.

I'm not arguing that I'm right and your wrong, what I would like is in the printed rules (in the forums doesn't count) something like this:

Experience points can be spent in several ways:
• To improve your basic stats: ST, DX, or IQ. This will improve all talents and saving rolls associated with that stat, but it become expensive at high levels. Note that adding an extra IQ point does not automatically entitle the figure to another spell or talent.

OR

Experience points can be spent in several ways:
• To improve your basic stats: ST, DX, or IQ. This will improve all talents and saving rolls associated with that stat, but it become expensive at high levels. Note that adding an extra IQ point does allow the figure to obtain another spell or talent.
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote