View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 06:09 PM   #24
platimus

Default Re: IQ rise and talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
Gee I hope not, that would be even cheaper. Seems to me it says "Added attribute point" on the header of the left column, so it seems to me if you are at 36, the "added attribute" would be 37, which shows 800.

Still, it seems way too low, and not matching the description of what I would think would be the decision point, unless some talent or spell is especially tempting. Hmm Expert Horsemanship at 1000 XP, versus my 36th and 37th attribute points at 400 or 800 XP - I think that's the point where wizards _might_ start to consider it for things like the Lightning spell, but even in those cases, adding attributes is a big deal.

If I'm assuming I'm getting enough XP to add talents and spells at 500 XP per point, I think the 36th attribute for 400 XP is going to be very attractive, and so is the 37th for 800 XP.

I'd certainly not be likely to go for most talents at 500 XP before that - the first three are just 100, 100, and 200, so basically PCs won't be adding talents until they are 35 points. Feels weird to me. Comparing to NPCs, where presumably most tend to stay around 30 points, but hopefully could be trained in some 1-point talent, but I wouldn't expect to be able to be trained in +5 attribute points (or even +1 attribute point) for the same amount of effort.
Ok, I got my eyes or wires crossed there. I think you know what I meant. Everything you just said agrees with the statement in ITL.
"Somewhere around a total of 36 or 37 stat points, most players will choose to start learning new abilities instead of buying higher stats"
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote