View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 10:43 PM   #21
Skarg

Default Re: Experience Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Smith View Post
I'm not sure that 'un-dumping the dump stat', is ideal tho. I like it when some characters have low ST and some have high ST. The rules give an experience bonus that encourages all humans to have 13, 13 and 14 divided up between their attributes.
Yes. Perhaps the cost scale should be relative to the character's starting levels? Hmm but then it would need a steeper scale, and it wouldn't impede going for the highest values. Not sure.

Quote:
This also makes it easier for goblins to get their 8 extra attributes than humans.
Not if racial variations were an offset.

Goblins do have a rough time in TFT as is. Goblins might have different maximums too, but if it's +8, well they'd still be 2 points total lower at maximum.

Quote:
Since wishes are going to be VERY much in demand now,
Yeah, that part I'm not as excited about, as I never liked Wishes used that way and it gets into wealth and power being able to buy personal excellence. Except...

Quote:
I think it would be wise to look at how wishes are made, and the economics of wishes.
Yes, definitely, and...

This change also nicely addresses this problem, though probably not to everyone's satisfaction. The maximum IQ normal wizard would be ST 8 DX 8 IQ 24... in order to create a wish, such a wizard would need to roll 3d versus 24 - 20 = 4, or 6 if he has a +2 Charm item. Muahaha, would-be industrial wish-makers! Of course, probably that wasn't part of Steve's intention, but personally I dislike industrially-made Wishes enough that I really would not mind.

Quote:
In particular, I suggest that wish granting demons have variable IQs.

I wrote up an essay on the economics of wishes here...

https://tft.brainiac.com/RicksTFT/GM...illsInTFT.html
And yes, I think demons should definitely be much more individualized, and your demon/wish expansion is very nice!

And, your Psychic Combat talent therein would make wishes possible again - a theoretical human could get up to an 11 with it and a charm... though IQ 24 people might have to be forced by someone else who really want Wishes to do it, since it's still a huge risk of death.

Last edited by Skarg; 06-11-2018 at 10:51 PM.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote