Thread: Talent System
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 06:21 AM   #44
Rick_Smith

Default Re: Talent System - Don't add more talents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeard1999 View Post
Well, what else did Inigo or Fahfrd do that would merit additional talents? ...
Fahfrd and the other characters I quoted spent their whole careers studying the sword. Is this covered by Sword and Fencing? A beginning character could EASILY take both. A 32 attribute figure knows as much as al'Lan Mandragoran in sword fighting?

Now you might argue, "but Sword covers EVERYTHING there is to know about the sword. That is what it MEANS". Fair enough. But in that case, should it be an IQ 7, 2 mIQ cost talent? (1 mIQ cost if you have knife.)

Or look at Gregor "the Mountain" Clegane fighting Oberyn Martell. The Viper Martell (in the TV show), seemed way better than someone with IQ 7 Pole Weapon. I think that my Dance of Death talent (which allows all weapons to do extra damage, increases the chance of criticals and makes bleeding criticals more common), represents that fight far better than "Pole Weapon" talent.

EDIT: You mention that swordsmen could become better Swordsmen by taking Acrobatics. I looked up Acrobatics in ITL on page 13, and it helps you a) avoid falls, and b) climb ropes faster. I think you were meaning the talent "Combat Acrobatics", which I agree should be added to the game. Some more wicked cool talents are one of the things which I think TFT most needs.

Warm regards, Rick

Last edited by Rick_Smith; 05-04-2018 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Added paragraph on Acrobatics.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote