View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 08:03 PM   #10
tbeard1999

Default Re: Fantasy Trip Glitches, Contradictions, Ambiguities

Okay, back to the reason for the thread. Moderators, could you delete the sexism accusation, my response and your reprimand, just to clean the thread up? The comment on SJG editorial policy could probably be put someplace more appropriate. The idea is for this thread to provide Steve with a checklist of issues and save him some time. Thanks for any help you choose to give us.

Issues

The Acute Hearing talent. I simply banned it from my campaigns. The reason is that it allows a figure to automatically detect anyone sneaking up on them, which really cut into the narrative. Please consider nerfing it by giving a bonus to detect rather than making detection automatic. Maybe combine it with Alertness or convert it into a higher level of Alertness talent.

Silent Movement should also be made non-automatic, in my opinion.

Two Weapons is restricted to rapiers if combined with Fencing. I suggest that this restriction be eliminated. Fencing is the ability to use any sword well. Two Weapons is the ability to use 2 1 handed weapons. There’s no good reason to not let it work normally with Fencing. Consider that to get both talents, a character must have minimum IQ 11 and minimum adjDX of 14. He’ll use 8 IQ points to get Sword, Fencing and Two Weapons. That’s a huge investment and it just seems unreasonable to be to nerf him by limiting him to a one die weapon. With that limit, he winds up averaging something around the same damage as a broadsword. That just doesn’t seem worth the tremendous investment.

Last edited by tbeard1999; 01-08-2018 at 08:46 PM.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote