View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 11:14 PM   #66
Icelander

Default Re: Project Jade Serenity [Supers/Technothriller] the

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Yeah, sounds like he wants to go full Murder Hobo, but without any drawbacks.
It must be intensely irritating for an aspiring Murder Hobo to be shackled with a fellow PC who has, in the words of our GM, 'a pathological need to burden himself with those unable to walk by themselves'.

Quote:
Only if as PCs you really want to get to the bottom of this.
Ah. A pune or a play on words.

The lowest form of humour. He who would pun would pick a pocket. :-)

As it turns out, (avoiding spoilers), there may be reasons for our heroes to explore some of the abandoned areas of Manhanock Asylum before the Coasties swarm Jewell Island.

Quote:
Not presuming plot immunity (I mean Burr just took a hit that took him out of the fight and you've been playing very carefully so I doubted there was too much in the way of cinematic) but mostly that I figure Taylor survived this one gunshot.
There are no cinematic rules in effect... but, when you've got 666 point superheroes facing 25-75 point security guards and pot-bellied aging veterans that mostly don't break 150 points, even the grittiest of rule-sets still allow for some pretty over-the-top awesomeness.

Burr is an NPC, of course. The real test is whether the dice fall where they may when it's PCs taking fire. Of course, even if the GM wanted to go easy on the PCs, my role as Assistant GM means that calculation of modifiers and the stats of threats is usually in my hands. And y'all can bet the farm that I'll use all the grittiest optional and even house rules to make sure us so-called heroes suffer all the consequences of our choices. Or the vagaries of blind and uncaring chance, the world being a chaotic and messy place.

We've all got Luck, granted. And a good thing, too, or O'Toole would have died from a random bullet hitting the wrong target when he set off the flashbang and
Spoiler:  

Quote:
I mean he hasn't had his one-on-one fight with Warden Tyrrell in the rain on the roof of the Sanitarium yet!
It's too cold for rain. Around 15 degrees Fahrenheit at midnight. No snow either and no forecast for one. Last snowed over ten days ago and there has been a thaw since, so the ground is mostly bare, with a few patches of ice.

In light of the observation towers housing crew-served weapons with thermal weapon sights and the sniper rifles with Gen 2+ or even Gen 3 night vision scopes, going out on the roof is basically suicide for any PC. Of course, if and when the Coast Guard shows up, helicopters with the Airborne Use of Force package will make it equally suicidal for Warden Brad Tyrrell.

If you want to hope for a brutal hand-to-hand confrontation between Taylor and the Warden to cap things off, you need to imagine an indoor scene. Maybe the familiar barracks (major Boresville, invest in new sets!), maybe the Warden's office, maybe an abandoned wing or cell bloc. Lobby scenes are crowd pleasers. Kitchens are pretty nifty sets for no-holds-barred beatdowns, especially if death is on the line (note to self, make sure Tyrrell is not a Sicilian name). There's a staff spa, too. Steam rooms can make pretty intense sets for sweaty groping and pounding (what? Are we not doing phrasing anymore?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Žorkell View Post
Agent O'Toole looks like a real peach of a human being...
We don't call him O'Toole the Tool, Tele-Molestor, for his lovely personality.

Actually, nobody calls him that. Yet.

But they will, once his Secret is out.

Last edited by Icelander; 03-03-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote