View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 09:01 AM   #6
Blue Ghost

Default Re: GURPS Middle Ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
This.

Books that are primarily data are really not worth the effort of reissuing as 4th Edition; the effort should go to new material.
Thanks for all the replies. I've got a bunch of Dover Press and Kensington trade paper backs on the era regarding every facet of medieval life in Europe from Charlemagne to pre-Renaissance. But I've always found the GURPS books to be well researched, and when I bought the original softcover Middle Ages book back in the early 90s, I was impressed with the overall information and layout (though it did seem to skew towards England).

I guess in last few years I asked about a second volume, and the answer was that there wasn't going to be one, so I thought there might be a revision of the old one.

I guess the other reason I ask is because I do get a little worried about younger players just playing fantasy era stuff without a little historical context. Call it my inner professor at work.

Also, given all the Osprey books on the period (militaries specifically), I thought there might be an SJGames author who would write a book regarding medieval France, Nordic, Germanic tribes and kingdoms, and all the rest. It's just so rich, and it's where the high profile folklore that forms the basis for things like elves, trolls, goblins and what not come from, that I figured something might be in the offing. Something other than the very well informed GURPS Fantasy Folks or GURPS Dragon books and the like.

Short response; oh well, I thought I'd ask :)

Thanks for the replies.
Blue Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote