View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 09:18 AM   #1899
Varyon

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Wolf View Post
A non-spoiler, from the Picard finale:
If fiction is fair game, here's a couple quotes I rather liked in the El Goonish Shive webcomic.

"You are a homicidal wizard invading a public school. No one will care if I kill you." (The speaker is an "Elf," the offspring of a human and an Immortal - basically a Fae entity - which results in him being rather restricted by the other Immortals in terms of what he can do. He could never serve in the military, despite rather wanting to, but is allowed to act relatively freely in a situation where magic is already involved or if acting in the defense of himself or others. He's a teacher at the school in question, and in fact the person the wizard has come to murder is one of his students.)

"Fancy magic, fire and noise - all outdone by humanity's toys." (I swear, Adrian Raven is actually a relatively minor character in EGS, it's just that what I think of as the two most memorable quotes in the story happen to occur around the time he's swordfighting murderous, magical entities while protecting innocents.)