View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #8
Plane

Default Re: How far 'up' can one see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
that "thing" is an area about as big as you are, i.e. the space you are going to teleport into. Take your PER, add 10 (for in plain sight), add your SM (probably 0),
There's a +4 for targeting a hex precedent. I could see making it "add your SM+4" based on that. At some point SM>1 creatures become multi-hex creatures but I'm not sure when.

Maybe beyond the point (SM8) where your foot is +4 to hit (like a hex) instead of -4 to hit? That would be SM 9 or higher I think.

I would think even less since you probably need to fit both your feet in the hex to avoid being multi-hex.

One idea I like is to apply SM and reach rules to MINIMUM ranges (ie C punches become reach 1 punches, not reach c,1 punches... same with knees) and have that represent your "resting weapon length" (where it can be targeted) implying they dangle outside your hex. That's not legal of course.

The benefit to that is you could still let people "tuck their legs" by just doing something akin to defensive grip (-1 to reach) so they aren't dangling forward so much.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote