View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 10:59 PM   #1
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default So who has completed the campaign?

I just finished the campaign, and all I can say is (especially in #10) save often. It seems to have some gremlins in it that cause the scenario to barf. I was 2 turns away from easily completing it when I tried the replay button for the first time (the game routed my Mark III through rubble and got it stuck). That's probably a UI/AI bug in itself... there was a clear path the other way, why would it ever route through something it can get stuck in when there's no reason to?

The second time, I was on the final turn and decided to overrun the objective with my mark IV, and the overrun got locked up into a loop where I couldn't target the building to fire, or ram. being a long scenario, I was not very happy being 2+ hours into it (again) to be screwed on the final turn. thankfully, I did a save game and load and even though what loaded was a little odd, it still let me finish the scenario.

So fair warning, things are still a bit dodgy so save often.

Other than that, overall I'm very happy with the concepts in the scenarios. most of them play well, even if they didn't seem particularly difficult. I really think the last one is unbalanced; it was way too easy, especially with the reinforcements. There were still a few lingering bugs around disabled units that probably helped a little, but they didn't make that much of a difference. I still had an overwhelming force at the end of the game.

I think with some AI improvements, they would be harder/more balanced