View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 05:15 PM   #34
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Difficult monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
It's "Any metal weapon" in GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 1, not "Any all-metal weapon." If you look just down the page, the text for silver weapons is pretty clear: "Metal arrows, bolts . . . can be made of solid silver . . .". A projectile with a metal head is allowed to use modifiers for metal weapons. What Dungeon Fantasy Adventurers does is make this clearer:
Metal Weapon: Any melee weapon, thrown weapon, or projectile capable of cutting, impaling, or piercing damage, save for a rock or wooden stake.
That seems like the opposite of what you said here:
Quote:
Thinking about it, that makes sense. Otherwise, why would anybody ever make anything but the little tippy bit of any weapon from meteoric iron? No, the whole weapon has to be done, or magic can get a grip. The magic immunity is not conferred by contagion.
And:
Quote:
The opposite, I think. Otherwise it's hard to justify why a 2-ounce meteoric iron badge welded to your breastplate wouldn't make the whole breastplate immune. Nobody said meteoric iron arrows need to be a good option. My intent when introducing the modifier was mostly to handle all-metal items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonShiva View Post
I love how many tricky questions can be settled definitively by looking up the actual text of the rule. That means some people did a fantastic job with these books.
It's not the text of the rule, but the posts quoted above that is the source of my confusion. Prior to that thread I thought meteoric iron arrows were things too.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 02-28-2018 at 06:01 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote