View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 08:58 AM   #8
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Making Maps: Showing off and getting help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
Is the scale of this map to standard Ogre or ODE size hexes? Just curious as when I tried to create using the program to an ODE size it was pixelated.
I used the "Save image Classic" option to show it to you folks. I haven't printed it yet, as right now I don't have any buddies to play with so I use inkscape to simulate a tabletop. Right now I'm building up a supply of digital maps. I actually hadn't thought of that issue: does anyone have experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc View Post
I just use the mountain peaks for all mountains. Mountains are impassable for everyone.

It sort of straddles the line between a strategic display with icons, and an overhead view. After you play on it for awhile, it start to "feel" better.

Very nice work by the way, and thanks for sharing!
that works, I suppose.

You're the creator, right? Great work! Would you be open to sending me the code? Its a nice program, I kind of want to add some new hex types, and see how it was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selenite View Post
Is that Lake Worth in the bottom right? I'm trying to orient to the map.

Or more specifically--which hex is Saginaw? I want to know when my house gets blown up.
Saginaw is sadly not on the map, being just to the south of it. The three lakes you see the tips of are Eagle mountain lake on the south, and grapevine and Lewisville on the east. The north east corner is Denton, and the southeast is Roanoke. The Texas motor speedway is hex 2116.

I intentionally chose an area that had lakes, cities, and farms. Sorry you can't blow up your house on this map!

Of course, I suppose I could make a map focused on lake worth and the airport....

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote