View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 12:08 PM   #4
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Zero Prep, improvisation and how Dinosaurs make everything better

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokRobster View Post
I found this very inspirational. I’m very often GM and somewhat often fail to plan much.
I'm usually the GM. Hand of Bobb will run a few sessions now and then, but more often than not, it's me.

Quote:
I’ve never distributed pre-gen characters and jumped right in though... that is *good stuff*. Dinosaurs are a great place to start. It’s surprising that none of the Dinos got shot!
Fortunately, the only character with a gun, currently, isn't gun-happy.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing, definitely post the next episode if ya’ll do visit it.
After a NSFW discussion between Gold & Appel Inc. and myself, I may see about following TSHiggins' plan and post a thread here as well. That'll keep it cleaner.

Quote:
I never tell my players that I’ve got no clue where the story is going. I sometimes wonder if they realize how much they’re driving it.
I've told my players, for years, that I only have an idea of what is going on, and that the game is shaped by not just the characters' actions, but also the players' input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think I've always fallen back on an adventure I planned but never used. I fortunately have a big pile of those.
I'm not big for intricate planning. I like to have ideas, but not define them too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Once I have the shape of the adventure, improving becomes much easier, and I'll admit to not planning things out beyond that.
A lot of times, I'll just have an overall goal (say "Rescue Sherry" for my IW game, or "Get Home" for Comedy Devolved). And it'll be up to the players and their characters to make that happen. Most of the time I won't even have an actual solution figured out. My players are way better at coming up with random suggestions that would work better than anything I can think up.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote