View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 01:19 AM   #12
Mailanka

Default Re: Cabal 4e -> WE NEED IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_wilson View Post
I had some success in setting up Monster Hunters/Black Ops as a form of natural cliological defense against infection by dimensional travel. It began as a reason to allow the party to enjoy their plundered magic but not make them conquerers by dimensional blitzkrieg;rather than say their powers are much weaker in other dimensions, I played it up that things always seemed to work best and most reliably in their home dimension where things felt right.

The Cabal can then add them to their armies of subverted pawns and extend their web of intrigue across dimensions, using these "antiteratic conspiracies" to keep unaligned (and weakly aligned) creatures in check.
I don't mean that Monster Hunters should never exist in a same world as the Cabal, and I certainly don't mean that you can't strip-mine monster hunters for ideas. Rather, I mean that you shouldn't simply grab Monster Hunters and that pyramid article on how to convert MH to Cabal and run Cabal using straight MH rules. I don't think those rules are a good fit for the feel and focus of what a Cabal game typically focuses on

(Unless you want to run a game about Crusaders who make surgical strikes against Qlippothic invasions, but that's just Monster Hunters in Cabalistic drag)