View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #45
Prime Evil

Default Re: GURPS Character Assistant under Wine for Linux

I've used Wine on a to run GCA on a couple of Linux distributions in the past, but I've recently encoutered a strange issue and was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on how to resolve it.

I've followed the instructions here to install GCA under Wine on two machines - one running Fedora 17 and one running Linux Mint 13. In both cases, the program seems to run fine, but when I attempt to preview a character I get a blank sheet. Furthermore, if I attempt to print out a character using either at CUPS-PDF printer or my old hp LaserJet 1300n, I get a blank sheet.

In addition, if I attempt to view the options for any installed character sheet (including the default and the current version of Phoenix), the program tells me that no options are available.

I've discovered that the following message is written to the debug.log when I attempt to print:

modPrintReport:PrintReport: Action: Setting script control: Error -2147467259: Automation error
Print: Setting Options.
modPrintReport:PrintReport: Action: Setting script control: Error 445: Object doesn't support this action

I should note that on the Linux Mint 13 machine is running Wine version 1.4-0. As normal, I've used Winetricks to install riched20, vb6run, and vcrun6. In addition, I've configured the system to use native-oleaut32.

Anybody got any thoughts?

UPDATE: I don't know if it's relevant, but the following error also appears in the terminal window when I attempt to print:

fixme:winspool:SetJobW Ignoring everything other than document title

Last edited by Prime Evil; 08-06-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Prime Evil is offline   Reply With Quote