View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
Rudkin

Default Re: Door Links questions

I would just like to add that Line of Sight (which appears on some cards in Looking For Trouble) is blocked by (any) doors, but not by open passages.

~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbstarrunner View Post
How could a Munchkin not get through a Hidden or Locked door? I don't remember seeing anything in the rules saying they were prohibited/blinded to either locked/hidden doors. I know that some classes can help a player pass through them easier, but how would a Munchkin be prevented altogether from passing them?
Because they require more than just 1 move to go through, it slows you down and may prevent you from passing through this turn:

For example, I've already spent 1 of my 3 move to enter the Hall of Mirrors, which turns all of its links into Hidden Doors. I only have 2 move left to leave the room, but I require 3. I am now stuck in this room for the rest of my turn, unless I find some way of getting extra move (or I run away from a monster). Next turn I will be able to leave, but it will require all 3 of my move (meaning I won't be doing much else other than walking into the next room and maybe fighting a monster if it is there).

~~~~
Curse! Gigantification prevents you from going through any link that isn't an open hallway. That is one way that you would be prevented from going through doors (hidden, locked or otherwise).
Rudkin is offline   Reply With Quote